Look gorgeous! Dazzle the world around you. The connection of beauty and women is as old as the human race itself. We’ve heard of Cleopatra bathing in goat milk and honey in her marble tub and we’ve heard of women using bullock’s bile, whipped ostrich eggs and resin etc. Thankfully, skincare is not as complicated today. You have a plethora of beauty products that help you maintain your prettiness, enhance it, and also help skin recover from the damage afflicted due to several causes.
The first step towards a resplendent face is clear, healthy skin.
Here are a few basics, perhaps you’ve heard of them a number of times, yet their importance remain as high as ever.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Get enough sleep.
- Never, ever, ever sleep with make-up on, no matter how tired or sloshed you are.
- Don’t miss out on the greens and fruits.
- Stay away from caffeine, smoking and alcohol.
Having said that, there is yet more beauty hacks that can help you remain youthful and look absolutely gorgeous on the days you thought you look like a mountain troll.
- Your regular Pepto-Bismol is not only a remedy for a queasy tummy, but it can be wondrous for your skin too (not for very dry skin though). Normal Gelusil or Digene would do perfectly fine. Spread some smoothly all over your face. Let it dry for around 20 minutes. The bismuth subsalicylate will tighten the skin, shrink the pores and help the acne dry. However, you need to be careful as it can dry the skin too. The usage should be limited to once a month and smother your face with a good moisturizer after use.
- It’s not that the celebs never get zits; it’s just that they know the perfect remedy to dry out zits instantly. Swabbing a lot of concealer on the horrible pimple will only make your skin look blotchy. The secret here is to use just a couple of drops of a nasal spray and eye drops. Visine, Clear Eyes and All Clear work well. The vasoconstrictors help shrink the blood vessels and cut down the redness and reduce the inflammation.
- Does the work week seem never ending? A very easy and effective way to de-stress and de-tox is to alter your regular bath- just add a few cups of apple cider vinegar in the bath tub. For better effects use aromatic candles and light music of your choice. This may take up a few extra minutes but the result would be worth it.
- Staying off the nail paint for a while? It’s best that you clean the nails. The nails are a little yellowed after you’ve used nail paint for a while. The best way to get gleaming talons is to rub lemon wedges with baking soda. You’ll immediately get sparkling nails.
- If you are wishing to get feather soft feet and hands, the best way is to dab excessive amount of simple petroleum jelly and sleep with socks on. Make sure that you use soft, cotton socks. If it doesn’t annoy you much, you can sleep with mittens or gloves too- becomes a lot easier in winter- you’ll see a drastic change just in a week!
- Make sure that the beauty products you use are not expired and are of good brands. Expired or cheap beauty care products can be more harmful than you think. Choosing herbal based creams is a better option and skin care products is another good option to stack up.
- If you’re fed-up with the constant gleam on the face because of oily skin, the remedy lies with egg whites. Whip up an egg white, apply on face and let it dry. Take care that you rinse egg only with cold water or else you’ll end up with omelette flakes on your face!
- Another fix for oily skin is to rub a lemon wedge on the face. It acts as a natural astringent and is great for complexion too. Don’t rub too hard though!
Coming on to hair, there are a number of easy fixes available right there in your kitchen. It’s high time that you realize that obnoxiously expensive products with fancy names and utterly complicated ingredients are no good. These natural remedies can work much better wonders.
- Mash up an avocado, apply the guacamole on hair, rest for 10 minutes and rinse for naturally conditioned hair.
- Use the delicious cranberry juice for some lustrous tresses.
- Switch over to silk or good quality satin pillow cases for softer, silkier hair and it’s good for the facial skin too.
- Boil a few mint leaves in water till you get absolutely minty water. Add it to your regular shampoo.
Photo credit: Flikr @ tommerton2010