Who would like to see wrinkles on her face? Nobody. But rather than trying products that may or may NOT work, why don’t you learn what causes wrinkles, and try to avoid them? Instead of worrying, take steps that will reduce wrinkles on your face naturally, and may even delay their appearance.
First, let us define a wrinkle. A wrinkle is a fold, or crease in the skin. Wrinkles appear on the skin as you age. Aging skin starts to lose its ability to hold on to moisture, makes less oil, and is slower to heal. That all contributes to the wrinkling process.
Common causes of wrinkles include:
- Genetic (family) influences.
- Normal aging changes in the skin: Whether you are 35 and just beginning to see the first signs of aging, or 55 with skin that is not exactly keeping your birthday a secret. Aging naturally causes a slowdown in collagen and elastin production. With aging also comes a loss of fat in the face, and looser and thinner layers of skin that add to the appearance of fine lines. Seeking ways to reduce wrinkles should be on your agenda, you cannot stop the clock, but you can slow down the process by several ways, so keep reading.
- Smoking: Smoking curbs your skin’s production of collagen, which is a key part of the skin’s structure. The downturn in collagen paves the way for wrinkles. That is one more reason to quit smoking, or never to start.
- Sun exposure: It is the No. 1 cause of wrinkles. Getting too much sun damages your skin.
How to Reduce Wrinkles:
1. Stop smoking: The act of smoking creates creases around the mouth that eventually form permanent wrinkles. It also damages collagen and elastin — fibers that give your skin its strength and elasticity.
2. The American Academy of Dermatology says: wear sunscreen! It will protect you from skin cancer, and help reduce wrinkles at the same time. So stay out of the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., and make it a habit to wear sunscreen everyday with at least 30 SPF, even in the winter and when it is cloudy.
3. Get enough sleep: when you do not get enough sleep, the body produces excess cortisol, a hormone that breaks down skin cells. While when you get enough rest, your body will produce more HGH ( human growth hormone), which helps your tissues remain thick, more “elastic,” and less likely to wrinkle.
4. Eat more fish — particularly salmon: it is an awesome source of an essential fatty acid known as Omega-3; which helps nourish skin and keep it plump and youthful, eventually helping to reduce wrinkles.
5.Eat more fruits and vegetables; they contain antioxidants. These compounds fight damage caused by free radicals (unstable molecules that can damage cells), which in turn helps you look younger and more radiant.
6.Use moisturizer: skin simply looks better when moisturized since moisturizers reduce wrinkles on your face. To get even better results, using a moisturizer that boosts the production of collagen is even better. Try Anavita moisturizer, or Foxbrim Complete Anti-aging moisturizer.
7.Use anti aging creams that contain Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs). These natural fruit acids lift away the top layer of dead skin cells, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, particularly around the eyes. However, if you have dry skin and pick a cleanser that contains alpha hydroxy acids, it can irritate your skin further. Therefore, be sure to talk to an expert before choosing a daily cleanser. These tips also help learn more about AHA’s. You can also make your own AHA’s mask, or buy one like Dr Song lactic acid peel.
8 .Use anti aging creams that contain Retinoid (including Retin A). Retinol is a natural form of vitamin A found in many anti aging creams. It is the only ingredient that works on a molecular level. Retinol topical creams exfoliate the skin and increase the production of collagen. It is the only FDA-approved topical treatment for wrinkles. It has been approved that it reduces wrinkles, and repairs sun damage. Retinol is synthesized from beta-carotene. It is also found ready-made in liver and eggs.
Also read all you need to know about retinol here.
9. According to Mayo Clinic, “Green tea extracts are the ones most commonly found in anti aging creams”. Green tea is superior in delivering antioxidants and reducing wrinkles.
10. Use homemade facial masks: there are many homemade beauty tips that can be used safely on your face, here are two examples:
Homemade anti aging Masks with Banana, Cream, Oatmeal & Honey.
- 1 ripe Banana
- 3 tablespoons organic Heavy cream
- 1.5 tablespoon dark organic Honey (the darker the better)
- 1.5 tablespoon Oatmeal flour
- Mineral water
Instructions: Mash the banana well and add the rest of the ingredients and blend them well until you have a smooth paste, if necessary you can add more oatmeal also.Apply this paste on your face and neck gently, and relax for 20 minutes. Then wash with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel. Finally tone and apply moisturizer.
Green seedless grape mask:
Grapes are filled with alpha-hydroxy acids – the ingredient found in many skin firming and anti aging creams. Therefore; regular use of grapes is believed to control wrinkles.
Ingredients: Green seedless grapes
Method: Cut a green seedless grape in half, and gently rub it on your face. Leave the mask on your face for around fifteen to twenty minutes before washing it off with cold or warm water. Gently pat your face dry. You may then apply a moisturizer.
I have collected all these tips in one chart, make sure to save it, pin it, and share it !
Facts you should know:
1. “Nonprescription anti aging creams contain lower concentrations of active ingredients than do prescription creams. Therefore, results, if any, are limited and usually takes a longer period of time to show. Therefore, you should be patient, and always looking for ingredients that work like retinol, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid. In addition, Cost has no relationship to effectiveness. Anti-aging creams that are more costly may not be more effective than less costly products”. [Source: Mayo Clinic]
2. You should be aware of the fact that Food and Drug Administration approves anti aging creams only for their safety, not for their effectiveness. Improvements based on “clinical trials” and vague terms like “noticeable difference” may rely on nothing more measurable than the observations and impressions of those involved in the study — which the company paid for.
3. Stress can thin and weaken skin. So worrying about wrinkles may actually make them worse. The most likely reason we develop wrinkles when we worry has to do with the lifestyle that accompanies stress. When people worry, they do not eat well, they exercise less, and they generally do not maintain a healthy sleep schedule, all of which can affect a person’s appearance.
4. There is a fact that you should be aware of: No one can turn back the clock. Don’t be Misled by the product name. There is nothing called “Super Cream” or “Miracle Cream”. My fellow blogger Allison wrote an excellent review for a ” Miracle” cream, visit her blog Never Say Die Beauty to find out.
The best ways to reduce wrinkles are sun-protection, nutritious diet, regular exercise, a stress-free lifestyle, using anti aging creams that contain Retinol and proper sleep. Beauty starts on the inside. We can continue to spend billions annually in the search for beauty products, but if we don’t eat right – it is money tossed away. Rather than trying to reverse the effects of time, try preventing wrinkles in the first place.